Today I asked the parents what they wished others would ask them about
These were some of the answers.
• The birth story
• How Dad is coping
• How they can be supported
• Learning about transgender children
• If they’re okay/mental well-being
• Permission before they promise a child something or set a limit with a child
• How their kids are and how they can help or spend time with them.
• If they need help cleaning
• Do you need a break?
• What their kids are learning or what they’re working on at home and how they can support that.
• What their parenting approach is – to respect it and reinforce it
Sometimes people forget about respect, permission, boundaries, sleep, self-care… the list goes on. Sometimes parents get forgotten about, simply because they’re the parent.
Sometimes, all we need is some acknowledgement and validation 💝