Roasted Chickpeas And Quinoa
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place quinoa and chickpeas in a pan over medium low heat
- Add enough water to cover the quinoa by 1-2 inches.
- Add oil and seasoning after and cover.
- Stirring occasionally, cook until the water has been absorbed or the quinoa is cooked through, approximately 15 minutes
- Turn the pan up to medium high, uncover, and stir freqently. This will bring the flavour into the remaining oil and created a light sauce while roasting chickpeas and quinoa, while also boiling off any remaining water.
- After 5-10 minutes remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
We loved it! Did you?