Skip to content
Overnight French Toast
- 1/4cup vegan butter, melted
- 3/4cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 pieces of bread
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1btablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Maple syrup and powdered sugar for topping (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and melted butter and pour on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Arrange slices of bread in the baking dish, overlapping if necessary.
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl and pour evenly over bread slices. Sprinkle chopped pecans over bread slices.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4-12 hours.
- In the morning, take the casserole out of the fridge for at least 10 minutes while you are preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Bake casserole for 30-35 minutes. If top starts browning too quickly, loosely cover with foil for the last 10 minutes or so to keep the casserole from drying out.
- Remove casserole from oven and let it cool slightly before serving. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Tell me what you think!